Are you wondering how to use slide hammer threaded adapters? A slide hammer is a great equipment that makes pulling an object easy. It is attached to the object and allows to exert a force on the object without striking it. The adapters are designed to bring together connectors of different threads. In this write-up, we have highlighted how you can use the slide hammer threaded adapter.
Read on to know more about the usage of slide hammer threaded adapters.
The Different Types of Slide Hammer Threaded Adapters
There are various kinds of slide hammer threaded adapters available on the market. It gets daunting to choose a slide hammer adapter. We have listed the most commonly used threaded adapters and how to use them.
Bearing Cup Remover
The bearing cup remover is great for getting the internal bearing cups, bushing, and seals out. You can use the bearing cup remover for both, inside and outside jobs. If you need the bearing cup for pulling an object from inside, the jaws will be facing outwards. On the other hand, for an outside pulling job, the jaws will be facing inward. Have a look at how to use the bearing cup remover.
- You have to insert the jaws of the puller in and turn the taper for securing it tightly into place.
- After you have tightened the taper, the jaws will hold the object securely.
- You can slide the hammer to force the object out.
- In outside pulling job, you will have to tighten, so that the object can fit in between the jaws.
- When you start hammering, the object will come out because of the force.
Pilot Bearing Pullers
Pilot bearing remove tool is a universal tool can be used on any pilot bearing puller. This puller is developed for inside pulling tasks, especially for taking flywheel pilot bearings out. The Pilot Bearing Pullers are great for the generator, pulling motors, and magneto bearings. It comes with different mandrels. You should replace your pilot bearing because it can cause wear and tear to your disc and will put extra load on your shaft. Here you can see how to use the pilot bearing puller.
- Insert the appropriate mandrel into the pilot bearing and turn until it has a firm position on the bearing.
- Thread the taper of the slide hammer on the mandrel.
- While holding the taper square to the crank, use the slide hammer to force the bearing out.
- You will have to slide the hammer repeatedly to bring it out.
Reversible-Jaw Slide Hammer Pullers
Reversible-Jaw slide hammer is a great tool for making pulling tasks hassle-free. You can pull numerous objects, such as bearings, grease retainers, gears, and outer races. For an inside pulling job, two or three puller jaws are more than enough. A great thing about this puller is that it can be used for an outside pulling job as well. You can even use basic slide hammer unit separately. Just follow these easy steps.
- Before using the slide hammer puller, it is important that you wear safety goggles.
- You should use the puller that is perfect for the job, it is advised to use three jaws puller.
- Place the slide hammer taper on the rod.
- Have the puller straight and secure it in place and start hammering.
- This will force the object out without any difficulty.
There you go; now, you can easily use the slide hammer threaded adapters properly without any risk of accidents.